|1. Select Modeling > Create Grid… or click
2. Fill in the properties described in Grid properties .
3. To create the grid, click the Create button.
Tekla Structures prompts you to pick the origin when you create the grid. Pick a point in a view, and the coordinates of the picked point appear in the Grid dialog box as X0, Y0, and Z0. If you do not pick, Tekla Structures positions the origin according to the values you entered for X0, Y0, and Z0.
Creating grid lines
To manually create a grid line:
1. Click Modeling > Add Grid Line.
2. Select an existing grid to which to attach the grid line.
3. Pick the starting point of the grid line.
4. Pick the end point of the grid line.
Using select switches on grids
Tekla Structures includes separate select switches for entire grids and single grid lines. The active select switch affects the objects you can select, modify, and delete.