|1. Click Tools > Advanced options…, and go to the Modeling properties category.
2. Set the cut thickness for the variable XS_POLYGON_CUT_EXTRA_THICKNESS. The default value is 5.0 mm.
Adding surface treatment to chamfered parts
Take these things into account when adding surface treatment to chamfered parts:
• Surface treatment does not work on sketched profiles with chamfers.
• Add surface treatment before chamfering the part. If surface treatment is applied to a chamfered part, the surface treatment chamfer cannot be modified later on.
• The chamfers for the main part and surface treatment are separate. Modifying the main part chamfer does not affect the surface treatment chamfer.
• The orientation of unsymmetric chamfers depends on the face where it was created (such as top, bottom, left, or right). To change the orientation of an unsymmetric chamfer, you must swap the chamfer’s x and y values.
Creating and editing surface treatment options
To create new options in the Surface treatment name list box in the Surface treatment properties dialog box, or to edit existing names, edit the product_finishes.dat file, located in the ..environments\*your_environment*\system folder.