|1. Double-click the icon of the object type you want to create. Tekla Structures displays the properties dialog box.
2. Enter or modify the object properties.
3. Click Apply or OK.
4. Pick points to place the object(s). To position objects without defining their properties:
1. Single-click an icon, or a menu command.
2. Pick points to place the object(s). Tekla Structures creates the object using the current properties of the object type.
To create several objects with the same properties, pick multiple points. The object commands in Tekla Structures run until you end them or use another command.
To modify the properties of an object, or multiple objects:
• Select the object(s) to modify.
• Open the properties dialog box and modify the object properties.
You can carry out these steps in any order. For example To modify objects:
1. Double-click one of the objects you want to modify to open the object properties dialog box.
2. Modify the properties. 3. Select the remaining object(s) to modify.
4. Click Modify.
Using commands simultaneously
Transparency You can use some Tekla Structures commands transparently. This means that you can execute
these commands while another command is still running. For example, the commands on the Zoom and Points toolbars are transparent.
To cancel or end commands, do one of the following:
• On the Edit menu, click Interrupt.
• Right-click and select Interrupt from the pop-up menu.
• Press the Esc key.