|See also Numbering Settings…
Part numbers This example explains how different numbering settings result in different part numbers when
you modify a part.
1. Create three identical beams with the numbering series prefix P and start number 1.
2. Number the model. All the beams have the part position number P1.
3. Modify one of the beams.
4. Number the model. You should now have two beams P1 and one P2.
5. Change beam P2 to be identical to the others.
6. Number the model.
Tekla Structures assigns different part position numbers to this part, according to which numbering settings you used, as follows:
• Compare to old: P1
• Keep number if possible: P2
• Take new number: P3
Project phases When you start modeling a project, the required numbering settings may be totally different
from what they are after the project has been issued for the first time and you start revising the model.